I love to empower people in their career transitions and work for my clients so they get the job they want in the short term and create the best career for them in the long run.
I have created my process to be empowering for my clients and give hiring managers a powerful and clear view of what they will get when they hire my clients. I value listening, honesty, integrity and helping. I promise to apply these in my work with you. I look forward to working with you on your career path.
My Skills and Background
- MA Educational Counseling, San Jose State University
- MA Psychology, Humboldt State University
- BA Social Science, Chapman University
- Career Counseling Internship; SCCWorks/OTI Partnership
- Counseling Internship; UNZA HIV/AIDS Response Clinic, Lusaka, Zambia
- Facilitating Skills Seminar
- Facilitating Skills and Peer Coaching
Redwood City School District
- Technology Teacher and Trainer
- Language Arts Teacher
- Conflict Resolution Mentor / Teacher
- Listening for understanding
- Asking questions to gain insight
- Understanding people and interpersonal issues
- Educating and Empowering people
Fun Fact about me: When I was 12, I wanted to be an interpreter for the UN.
In my free time, I love learning, reading, camping and walking in the trees. I especially enjoy hiking, snowshoeing and XC skiing in my local mountains. I find joy in those occasional wildlife sightings: eagles, hawks, turkey and bears in the mountains; otters, whales and sea lions in the ocean. Oh yeah, and crocs, elephants and hippos in Zambia!!